1.02.2012

Oh, snow.

Yesterday, the temperature dropped all day and we had a smattering of snow and rain which caused a lot of slide off accidents on the roads.  And today, I woke to find this...



While it is not the end of the world, it is enough to make me put on a sweater and snuggle in a blanket!  What a good day for hot cocoa... 

And a good book!  I pledged to read 40 books this year for Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge.  I managed 42 last year (my goal was 40) so I feel it is solid goal to aim for.  I'd like to hit 50, but I'll consider that a bonus.

I've got the second, third, and fourth audiobook in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.  I just finished the first book, The Eye of the World, before Christmas.  Those should kick off my challenge quite nicely.  There are a total of 11 before Jordan died and the series is being closed out by Brandon Sanderson who has completed two novels and a third is due out some time this year.  That should cover at least 13 of my 40.

Robin Hobb also has a Rain Wild Chronicle book coming out this February.  I am jumping up and down for this like a little girl!

OK.  Off to do some writing...



PS.  You will note that my camera still thinks it is yesterday.  Apparently it was having far too much fun on New Year's to consider a new date...

No comments:

Post a Comment